No products in the cart.
Seeking: An opportunity to coach all ages of sailors in the art and science of racing sailboats with an emphasis on improving long term results, conservative tactics and creating a passion that will drive a sailor to new heights and a better understanding of how to be successful on and off the water.
- Started sailing at age 12 and competed in my first international level regatta at age 16.
- Created a Summer coaching clinic at age 17 to help younger sailors improve their results and understand the science and art of sailing.
- Crewed with all levels of sailors as an onboard coach in many different classes, from the international level down to the local fleet race.
- Coach for hire in the Galveston Bay area, here I have coached One Design keel, One Design Dingy, and PHRF.
Sailing Experience Success and Results:
- Coaching in the Snipe and J-22 class, I have been a key part at adult sailors improving their skills and their results. I have had success here at all levels and with all ages.
- As a coach from the coach boat, I have had great results improving finishes, and coaching the art and science of sailing. Using seminars, clinics, and one on one, or small group coaching, I have worked with sailors to identify problem areas and work on those to build a solid foundation for future success. All the time emphasizing conservative tactics and the physics of sailing.
- Dingy results include, 2 Silver Medals US SAILING Champion of Champions, two time National Champion V-15. As a Snipe Sailor, I represented the US in five different Snipe World Championships, Finished 12th with Asher Zittrer (20 yo) 2019 at the World Championships in Brazil, won a North American Championship, finished top 5 in many National and International Championships, and won consistently at the local and regional level. I placed 3rd in the Coronado 15 National Championships, 5th in the Sunfish North Americans, 3rd in the Flying Scott Jr. National Championship. Local FJ fleet champ a few times over the years.
- As a crew on larger boats I have played a role as trimmer, and tactician. I have raced the J-22, J-80, J-105, J-120, Etchells, Melges 24, 1D35, Melges 32, & Transpac 52 classes as well on a Turbo Sled 70 and many different PHRF boats. While on these boats I have coached speed, boat handling, tactics and driving. I was on Championship teams such as Decision, Kicks, Victory, Mojo, and more. Winning events such as the Charleston Race Week, numerous NOOD regattas, Harvest Moon (two times), Gulfport to Pensacola, the Seawanika Cup International Match Race Championship, and racing in other international events like the J-22 World Championships, Etchells World Championships, J-80 North American Championships, Key West Race Week, International Match Racing Tour to mention a few. I have had the honor of crewing for Olympic Medalists, Charlie Ogeltree, John Lovell, World Champions Chris Snow, Andy Lovell, Kevin and Mike Funsch, North American Champions Marvin Beckman & Doug Hart, and numerous National, Regional, District and Fleet Champions.
Goals and Ambitions: My passion for sailing has sent me around the world to many different countries, racing many different classes, at every level. I want to bring this passion and work ethic to other sailors so that they can achieve their highest aspiration. My goal is to teach the art and the science of sailing and to instill the conservative tactics and boat balance while sharing my passion for the sport with every one of the sailors I coach. Give me the chance and I’ll prove to be a positive, influential addition to your sailing development and help you reach your highest goals with the proper time, commitment and PASSION.
See you on the water!